Two college wrestlers from the Wichita area were arrested by Great Bend police on Wednesday after allegedly attempting to flush a “large quantity” of marijuana down a toilet.
Barton County Community College students Devon Baker and Sean Taborsky, both 19, were arrested Wednesday afternoon after police executed a search warrant for drugs for a residence in the 100 block of Stone Street, according to a news release from the Great Bend Police Department.
According to the release, officers went to a residence on a tip that drugs were being sold from the location. When officers knocked and announced the warrant, the individuals inside refused to come to the door.
After forcing open the door, officers found that a “large quantity” of marijuana had been flushed down a toilet, causing the toilet to be clogged.
Never miss a local story.
Baker and Taborsky – both athletes on the college’s wrestling team, according to the school’s webpage – were booked into the Barton County jail on Wednesday and released later that day. They were both charged with possession of marijuana and interference with a law enforcement officer, according to the release. Their names, photos and info were removed from the webpage Thursday afternoon.
A third person was at the scene during the execution of the warrant, but was released and not charged, the release said.
Both Baker and Taborsky were listed as sophomores on the school’s wrestling roster and both, according to the roster, are from Wichita.
Strange Kansas stories in the news.
Today’s story isn't the first time an unusual Wichita or Kansas story has made the rounds.
Here are some other stories you may remember:
- Wal-Mart customer, angry with self-checkout machine, loses tooth in fight
- Mice chew into evidence bags, eat and nest in marijuana
- Parents arrested after doing heroin in Chuck E. Cheese parking lot, police say
- Brothers celebrate lottery win by blowing up house
- Man who tries to rob 92-year-old woman suffers skull fracture
- Wichita boy’s garage-sale buy holds a treasure for his family
- Crack smoking, having sex in car net couple a trip to jail, Wichita police say Man uncooperative after being stabbed in scrotum with hypodermic needle
- Police: Drunken man fed children's parakeet to his pit bull
- Man lay in basement four days after being robbed
- Woman urinates in yard, slaps child, police say
- Woman takes beating, but won't surrender her beer
- Man's suicide shot also kills sleeping wife
- Tattooed bicyclist miffed about being pulled over while wearing a thong
- Couple robbed while inside Dumpster
- Bachelorette party prop spooks Wichita police horse, prompts arrest
- Error on state test slips past everyone -- except for East High student
- Clay Center hunter shoots 27-point doe
- Sheriff: Woman sat on boyfriend's toilet for 2 years
- Police arrest man suspected of having sex with dog