Crime & Courts

Wichita police release name of man killed in Monday’s drive-by shooting

Wichita police discuss city’s latest homicide

Wichita police Capt. Brent Allred provides information about the city's latest homicide. He spoke at Tuesday's daily police briefing. (April 2, 2019)
Up Next
Wichita police Capt. Brent Allred provides information about the city's latest homicide. He spoke at Tuesday's daily police briefing. (April 2, 2019)

Wichita police have identified the man killed in Monday’s drive-by shooting as 23-year-old Marquez Hutton of Wichita.

Officers found Hutton’s body outside of a home in the 1200 block of North Minnesota after a man called 911 to report gunfire in his neighborhood at about 8:40 p.m. Hutton died at the scene. He didn’t live at the house and was in the area to meet one or more people, police previously said.

Police said Tuesday that at least one person involved is a gang member.

The investigation was ongoing Wednesday, Officer Charley Davidson said. Authorities continue to ask for the public’s help solving the case. No suspect or vehicle description has been released.

Anyone with information is asked to call Wichita police detectives at 316-268-4407 or Wichita-Sedgwick County Crime Stoppers at 316-267-2111. Crime Stoppers tips can also be left at www.wichitasedgwickcountycrimestoppers.com or using the P3 mobile app.

Crime Stoppers tipsters can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward if their information leads to an arrest.

Related stories from Wichita Eagle

Amy Renee Leiker has been reporting for The Wichita Eagle since 2010. She covers crime, courts and breaking news and updates the newspaper’s online databases. You can reach her at 316-268-6644. She’s an avid reader and mom of three in her non-work time.
  Comments