Parolee arrested in fatal shooting in Wichita home last week
A 54-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder in the shooting of a 36-year-old man in a north-central Wichita home last week, records show.
Michael Dontae Davis has been booked into the Sedgwick County Jail and is being held on a $500,000 bond, jail records show. Davis has not been charged but is being held on suspicion of first-degree murder. Police are expected to present their case to prosecutors Wednesday to determine whether charges will be filed in the shooting.
A Wichita police report identifies the victim in last week’s shooting as Nathaniel Jackson, 36.
On Friday, police said Jackson had been shot multiple times. Jackson was visiting a home in the 1500 block of North Minnesota. Emergency dispatchers received a call from inside the residence about 10:20 p.m. Thursday, Lt. Todd Ojile said. Officers found the house unoccupied except for Jackson, who was taken to Wesley Medical Center and pronounced dead at about 11:25 pm.
Davis has been a parolee under high supervision in Sedgwick County, according to Kansas Department of Corrections records.
Davis has convictions for aggravated burglary and aggravated assault in 2004, driving while a habitual violator and driving under the influence for a third or subsequent time in 1998 and aggravated robbery in 1983, Department of Corrections records show.
Reach Tim Potter at 316-268-6684 or tpotter@wichitaeagle.com.
This story was originally published October 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM with the headline "Parolee arrested in fatal shooting in Wichita home last week."