Dads like to dine as much as any other relative worth celebrating.
So if yours is all necktied and golf-balled out, consider giving him the gift of grub.
Sunday is Father's Day, and several local restaurants are putting on special brunches or offering sweet extras.
* Abuelo's, 1413 Waterfront Parkway, 316- 634-2230: The Mexican restaurant will give dads an Abuelo's cap plus coupons good for free entrees on future visits with the purchase of an additional entree and two beverages.
* The Anchor, 1109 E. Douglas, 316-260-8989: The downtown bar with fab food is serving a Father's Day brunch featuring smoked prime rib with ale au jus, raspberry barbecue salmon, fried chicken, a baked potato bar, a dessert bar and more. It'll be served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and will cost $18.95 for adults, $6.95 for ages 12 and free for ages 3 and under.
* Kwan Court, 1443 N. Rock Road, 316-634-1828: The popular Chinese restaurant will fatten up its usual Sunday buffet with prime rib, baked salmon, king crab legs, New Zealand baked mussels, shrimp cocktail, teriyaki beef and chicken and more. It'll be served from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and is $19.95 for adults, $8.95 for ages 10 and under and free for children 3 and under. Reservations recommended.
* Outback Steakhouse, 233 S. Ridge Road, 316-773-5900, and 2020 N. Rock Road, 316-634-6500. Everyone who eats at Outback Friday through Sunday will receive a scratch-off ticket, and one person will win free Outback for a year. Each ticket includes some sort of prize, from discounts to free appetizers. The restaurant also will be running specials such as 8-ounce Outback Special steak and snow crab for $16.95.
* Piccadilly Grill, 7728 E. Central, Wichita, 316-681-1100: The restaurant's Father's Day buffet will have all its usual offerings plus a few barbecue additions, including hot links, brisket, pulled pork and chicken. It's served from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday and is $16.99 for adults, $14.99 for seniors ages 55 and older; $7.99 for ages 5 to 12 and free for ages 4 and under.
* Sweet Basil, 2424 N. Woodlawn, 316-651-0123: The Italian restaurant will offer its usual Italian buffet and as a bonus will also sell mimosas. It will be served from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and will be $10.95 for adults; $5.50 for children ages 2 to 10.
* Ted's Montana Grill, 2142 N. Tyler Road, 316-773-4443, and 3121 N. Webb Road, 316-634-8337: The restaurant with one of the meatiest menus in town will give fathers gift cards good for $5 off on their next visit.
* Yia Yia's Eurobistro, 8115 E. 21st St., 316-634-1000: Yia Yia's also is doing a brunch with father-friendly items such as smoked brisket, smoked prime rib, Cajun grilled salmon, bierocks and more. It'll be from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and costs $25 for adults, $11 for children ages 6 to 12 and free for children 5 and under. Reservations are recommended.
* Wendy's restaurants will, in honor of Father's Day, donate 50 cents for every Frosty sold Saturday and Sunday to the Dave Thomas Adoption Foundation.