Tell us about your garden
A new Home & Garden feature called “In My Garden” will give readers a peek into the yards of area gardeners. If you’d like to be considered for the feature, please send your name, address and phone number along with a brief description of your garden and a digital photo of a particular view or element of it to Annie Calovich at email@example.com. Put “In My Garden” in the subject field.
How to maximize space in kids’ rooms
Typically space is at a premium when it comes to maximizing the space of a child’s bedroom. The room must pack a punch and be able to successfully store and stow all a child’s necessities. Here are some guidelines:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Wichita Eagle
Think function first
▪ Generate a floor plan that creates distinct spaces or zones.
▪ Bunk beds aren’t the only option for children sharing a room; often twin beds separated by a single nightstand creates a restful and inviting environment.
▪ Allow plenty of room for circulation and flow.
Develop a color scheme
▪ Use color such as accent walls to help define a space.
▪ Add pops of color through artwork
▪ Use mirrors. Nothing opens a space better.
▪ Use a drawer utensil divider to organize jewelry, pencils or school supplies.
▪ Use kitchen cabinets to for school papers and books.
▪ Huggable hangers. They reduce space and keep your closet orderly
▪ Clear bins. Put out-of-season items (or those a child doesn’t use very often) in clear bins and then label with a marker or photo that helps you identify what’s inside.
In bloom at Botanica
Daylily, Hemerocallis ‘Fear Not’ in the Chinese Garden of Friendship.