A chemical leak at an Atchison, Kan., plant Oct. 21, 2016, was created by an “inadvertent” mixture of sodium hypocholorite and sulfuric acid, city manager Trey Cocking said Friday afternoon. The leak was reported shortly after 8 a.m. Oct. 21, created a dangerous fog and led to a number of evacuations.
Drone captures chemical plume over Atchison
Here's how the 1918 flu spread from Kansas to worldwide
Governor commits to anti-abortion amendment
Here's how human trafficking affects Kansas
Sheriff's Office says former deputy was charged with evidence tampering
Watch Olathe firefighters rescue a dog stranded on a frozen pond
Watch Kansas trooper's viral rant on how to use entrance ramps
What Dale Dennis means to Wichita area
Pratt man talks about the four grandchildren he lost in a house fire
Pratt police discuss house fire that killed four children
Police officer saves dog from burning building
Kansas students start project to spread kindness
Kansas game warden recovers snowy owl in an open field
A former deputy with the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office was charged Tuesday with official misconduct for allegedly tampering with evidence while still employed by the department, Sheriff Jeff Easter said.
Craig Bates talks about the four grandchildren he lost in a house fire in Pratt, ages 3 months to 6 years. He also talked about his stepdaughter Charee Wheatley who is in critical condition at a hospital in Wichita.
Kansas game warden captures a sick snowy owl in Mitchell County in north-central Kansas on Jan. 19, 2018. The owl was taken to the Milford Nature Center; it appeared to be too weak to fly and gather food.
Lawrence firefighters spent several hours Monday battling a fire in the frigid temperatures at the America's Best Value Inn hotel. Early reports indicated that all of the occupants of the hotel made it safely out of the building.