The United Soccer Coaches announced its 2017-18 high school scholar All-America teams Thursday, with 28 male student-athletes and 54 female student-athletes making the list.
Seven players from Kansas made the list, with four coming from the Wichita area: Andover Central midfielder Jacob Cromley and Kapaun Mt. Carmel goalkeeper Joe Chessmore, defender Mary Clair Boulanger and midfielder Sierra Fury.
The United Soccer Coaches are based in Kansas City. The scholar All-America teams acknowledge standout players who also show exemplary work in the classroom.
The seven Kansas players, with their grade-point averages:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Wichita Eagle
- Andover Central midfielder Jacob Cromley, 3.91 GPA
- Aquinas midfielder Mallory Heying, 4.38 GPA
- Aquinas midfielder Margaret Pigott, 4.32 GPA
- Kapaun Mt. Carmel goalkeeper Joe Chessmore, 4.18 GPA
- Kapaun Mt. Carmel defender Mary Clair Boulanger, 3.93 GPA
- Kapaun Mt. Carmel midfielder Sierra Fury, 4.10 GPA
- Tonganoxie forward Isaiah Frese, 3.91 GPA
The Scholar All-Americans will be formally at a luncheon, details to be announced, during the United Soccer Coaches Convention on Jan. 9-13, 2019 in Chicago.