For a cheaper way to broaden your golfing horizons this summer, consider buying a PGA Golf Pass.
The booklet provides discounted (or free) rounds at 85 golf courses in Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas and in the Lake of the Ozarks area in Missouri.
Most coupons require golfers to pay for cart rental and are valid only on weekdays.
The pass – and a preview of all discounts – is available for $50 at www.southcentral.pga.com/golfpass/.
Considering 18 holes and a cart at any of Wichita’s public golf courses will cost about $50, the golf pass is a no-brainer for those planning on hitting the links this summer.
It can also includes golfing at two local country clubs, which is otherwise impossible without membership.
Most of the coupons, however, can be used only one time each.
This year’s pass is good through Dec. 31.
Discounts are available at the following Wichita-area golf courses:
▪ Wichita public courses (Auburn Hills, Clapp, Tex Consolver, Sim, MacDonald): Complimentary round with $12 cart fee. Can be used Monday through Thursday, excluding holidays.
▪ Reflection Ridge Country Club: $55 for 18 holes, cart rental and range balls. Can be used anytime Monday through Thursday – call for availability Friday through Sunday. The coupon also gives you 20 percent off regularly priced apparel. Proper golf attire required.
▪ Terradyne Country Club (Andover): Complimentary round with $16 cart fee. Can be used anytime Tuesday through Friday and weekends after noon, excluding holidays. The coupon also gives you 10 percent off regularly priced apparel. Proper golf attire required.
▪ Hidden Lakes (Derby): Two complimentary rounds with $12 cart fee each time. Can be used Tuesday through Friday, excluding holidays. Proper golf attire required.
▪ Sand Creek Station (Newton): Complimentary round with $20 cart fee. Can be used Monday through Thursday, excluding holidays. Proper golf attire required.