New Mexico State - Nov. 14
▪ Guard Daniel Mullings, the WAC Player of the Year, can lead the Aggies to a fourth straight NCAA Tournament.
▪ New Mexico State is the preseason WAC favorite with three of the 10 players on the preseason all-conference team.
Memphis - Nov. 18 in Sioux Falls, S.D.
▪ Memphis coach Josh Pastner recently ditched his flip phone.
▪ A look around the AAC, with Memphis and Tulsa expected to finish in the middle.
Newman - Nov. 23
▪ The Jets are picked eighth in the Heartland Conference.
Tulsa - Nov. 29
▪ New coach Frank Haith inherits a team with 78 percent of its scoring back from last season.
at Utah - Dec. 3
▪ New offensive style intends to give the Utes more freedom.
▪ Preseason polls are kind to the Utes, a change from recent seasons.
Saint Louis - Dec. 6
▪ Villanova transfer Achraf Yacoubou could play an important role immediately for the Billikens.
▪ SLU lost 75 percent of its scoring from last season and coach Jim Crews needs every minute of practice to recover.
▪ The A-10 remains strong despite changes in membership.
▪ SLU picked ninth in A-10 preseason poll.
Seton Hall - Dec. 9
▪ Newcomers may allow the Pirates to play three and four guards.
at Detroit - Dec. 13
▪ The Titans are picked third in the Horizon League.
Alabama - Dec. 16
▪ Alabama’s post players are making progress.
▪ Guard Retin Obasohan expected to recover from ankle surgery in time for the opener.
▪ Injuries will keep transfer Christophe Varidel from playing.
Loyola Marymount - Dec. 22 (Diamond Head Classic)
Nebraska - Dec. 23 (possible opponent at Diamond Head Classic)
▪ While Terran Petteway is getting all the attention, coach Tim Miles says two other Huskers are also deserving.
▪ The Huskers are picked fourth in the Big Ten and picked No. 21 in the USA Today coaches poll.
▪ Mile wants to have fun with his job and his personality is selling Husker hoops.
Hawaii - Dec. 23 (possible opponent at Diamond Head Classic)
▪ NCAA inquiry hangs over basketball program.