▪ “I’ve never seen a sitting member of Congress take on an incumbent senator in Kansas.” – Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan., telling the Wall Street Journal he was “surprised by the tone” of recent comments by Rep. Mike Pompeo, R-Wichita, directed at Sen. Jerry Moran, R-Kan.
▪ “It is, I think, immoral and ridiculously and economically stupid that Kansas hasn’t expanded Medicaid.” – former Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, speaking at a Topeka YWCA luncheon
▪ “We’ve got to step up. I know men and boys who are not as bright as this microphone. The bar, in case you haven’t noticed, is pretty damn low.” – Sebelius again, calling on Kansas women to register and turn out to vote, donate to and help campaigns, and run for office
▪ “An act declaring the cage elevator in the Kansas state capitol building as the official cage elevator of the state of Kansas.” – Senate Bill 443, which was among seven bills signed by Gov. Sam Brownback on Wednesday (after garnering 41 “no” votes in the House)
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Wichita Eagle
▪ “It’s not even robbing Peter to pay Paul, it’s robbing Paul to pay Paul.” – Alan Rupe, a Wichita attorney representing school districts suing the state, on the equitable funding bill signed by the governor