▪ “Yesterday the Supreme Court lifted the ban on same-sex marriage in Kansas. Isn’t that nice? Yes. They didn’t give a reason for the ruling. Then again, when a state is famous for a Judy Garland musical about a rainbow and a wizard who comes out of the closet, do you really need an excuse?” – Jimmy Fallon, on Thursday’s “Tonight Show”
▪ “Under new management!” – message in red frosting on a cake Sen. Jerry Moran, R-Kan., brought to a GOP lunch Thursday celebrating the Senate takeover
▪ “We continue to cut taxes every year, which is a great thing.” – Shawn Sullivan, the governor’s budget director, after release of new revenue estimates projecting budget shortfalls of $279 million and $436 million for the 2015 and 2016 fiscal years
▪ “Efficiencies is political spin for cuts. You cannot turn down the heat $750 million.” – Rep. Jim Ward, D-Wichita, tweeting after the revenue estimates were released Monday
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ “I love you guys. Go, Chiefs.” – Gov. Sam Brownback, when The Eagle’s Bryan Lowry and Associated Press’ John Hanna asked him (before the estimates’ release Monday) about the state’s revenue outlook
– Rhonda Holman