▪ “Being a journalism grad, I might have changed some adjectives and some adverbs.” – U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan., while defending his decision to sign the letter from 47 GOP senators to Iran’s leaders
▪ “Overlooked in the controversy over the letter by the majority of GOP senators is Senator Moran’s penmanship.” – CBS political director John Dickerson, in a tweet noting Kansas Sen. Jerry Moran’s immature-looking signature
▪ “If you sell steak in Topeka, the last few days have been very good for you.” – Rep. Jim Ward, D-Wichita, about the wining and dining aimed at influencing legislators’ votes on last week’s historic school funding bill
▪ “We are not helping anybody with this bill except those wealthiest 1 percent of our state.” – Rep. Larry Hibbard, R-Toronto, on the same bill
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ “In the real world, it’s probably not going to be possible.” – Sen. Les Donovan, R-Wichita, on whether the Legislature is likely to bridge a $600 million shortfall with spending cuts alone