Statehouse reporters and other political observers had fun this past weekend tweeting valentines to the Legislature (#kslegvalentines). Here are a few of the tongue-in-cheek sentiments:
▪ Your love is a shot of adrenaline to my heart.
▪ I’d uncork a fine bottle of wine for you but the state would take away our foster kids
▪ Valentine, I wanna (redacted) and (redacted) just the (redacted) you like.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Wichita Eagle
▪ I don’t care what Moody’s says, I’ll never downgrade our love.
▪ Our bills will always bundle.
▪ My love for you is stronger than grocery-store beer.
▪ Unlike executive orders, my love is irrevocable.
– Phillip Brownlee