Finger on the Weather

Boys hospitalized after overdosing on synthetic marijuana

Two teenage boys were hospitalized Thursday after they overdosed on the synthetic marijuana known as K2, police said.

An 18-year-old man called 911 at about 2 p.m. Thursday and reported an overdose, Lt. James Espinoza said. Officers arrived at the house at 1808 W. 27th South and found two boys, 17 and 12, unresponsive in the home.

They were taken to a local hospital for treatment. The 18-year-old caller, who is the brother of the older boy hospitalized, “became combative” with officers and was booked into the Sedgwick County Jail. He faces potential charges of resisting arrest and aggravated child endangerment.

The 12-year-old boy was transported in critical condition, Espinoza said, while the 17-year-old was in serious condition when he arrived at the hospital. Updated conditions on the teens were unavailable.

Reach Stan Finger at 316-268-6437 or sfinger@wichitaeagle.com. Follow him on Twitter: @StanFinger.

  Comments