Tuesday is the last day to drop off items at The Eagle for the Child Advocacy Center of Sedgwick County.
The Eagle is collecting toys and other items on behalf of the center, which serves about 2,000 abused and neglected children in the greater Wichita community every year.
The center will use donated items as centerpieces in lieu of flowers at its Nov. 1 Heroes Gala and then give the toys and other items to the children it serves. Guests at the fundraiser will have the opportunity bid on the centerpieces, further raising money for the center.
The center needs the following items, which should be new and in original packaging. The center does not need stuffed animals or holiday decorations.
▪ Fleece blankets
▪ Barbie dolls, baby dolls, ethnic dolls
▪ Disney character items
▪ Footballs, basketballs, softballs, soccer balls, Nerf balls, Frisbees
▪ Art and craft kits
▪ Blank journals for writing
▪ Jewelry makers and bead projects
▪ Sidewalk chalk
▪ Watercolor paints with pads of paper
▪ Bathtub toys and crayons
▪ Sticker books
▪ Small boxes of Legos and blocks
▪ Model cars, airplanes, trains and tractors
▪ Small puzzles, board games and playing cards
▪ Superhero, Mutant Ninja Turtles, Minecraft and dinosaur figurines
▪ $5 gift cards for iTunes or Google Play
Items may be dropped off from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Tuesday in the main lobby of The Eagle, 825 E. Douglas. Park in the lot off Rock Island.