A Wichita man who appeared in a rap music video with marijuana and guns was sentenced to four years in federal prison, according to U.S. Attorney Stephen McAllister.
In the video, Shundell C. Barkus, 23, and five other defendants were seen smoking marijuana while they possessed firearms, according to a release. The video was filmed at a house in the 1500 block of North Green.
Authorities received a search warrant and found 2.5 pounds of marijuana and a variety of firearms, McAllister said in the release.
Co-defendants, all of Wichita, include:
- Dondre E. Broom, 23 — sentenced to four years in federal prison
- De’Adrian A. Johnson, 23 — sentenced to six months in prison
- Imanuel S. Norwood, 20 — awaiting trial
- Mario J. Smith, 29 — set for sentencing on June 27
- Keandre D. Summers, 22 — awaiting trial
This case was part of Project Safe Neighborhood, which brings together the community and all levels of law enforcement to reduce violent crime and make neighborhoods safer for everyone.