A judge on Wednesday sent a 38-year-old Wichita man to prison for 20 years for starting a fire last year in a home that was occupied by seven people, including a child, according to a news release from the office of District Attorney Marc Bennett.
Christopher Clark was convicted by a jury last month of aggravated arson and arson. On Aug. 3, 2016, Clark was seen on security video from a neighboring house setting fire to a storage shed and window of a home in the 2000 block of South Topeka, Bennett said.
The people sleeping inside the house were able to escape.
During the trial, a man testified that Clark had asked him before the incident if he would help him burn down the home. The witness said he refused.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
District Court Judge Jeffrey Syrios sentenced Clark on Wednesday.