Saturday’s sobriety checkpoint led to 23 charges and citations in Wichita.
Officers stopped 149 drivers at the 2300 block of East Douglas between 11 p.m. Saturday and 3 a.m. Sunday.
The stops resulted in the following charges and citations:
▪ Four charges of driving under the influence
▪ Four charges of possession of marijuana
▪ Two charges of possession of open containers
▪ One charge of a minor in possession of alcohol
▪ Two charges of driving with a revoked drivers licenses
▪ One charge of driving with a suspended drivers license
▪ Five violations of driving without a drivers license
▪ Three violations of not having proof of insurance
▪ One defective-equipment violation
The Wichita Police Department, Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office, Kansas DUI Impact Center and the Sedgwick County Emergency Management Team partnered to conduct the checkpoint with grant funding.