The Wichita Area Builders Association and City Hall have formed a task force to explore ways to prevent problems with houses built on concrete slab foundations in the future.
The group will begin meeting in January, and it will examine when and how to test soil and inspect the quality and depth of concrete slabs.
City Manager Robert Layton said he expects proposals by spring.
The task force's members are:
* Bill Keltner, Allied Environmental Consultants
* M.S. Mitchell, M.S. Mitchell Flood Plain Management and Land Development Specialist
* Tim Shigley, Shigley Construction Co. LLC
* Larry Nighswonger, Guthridge/Nighswonger Corp.
* Dave Sproul, Sproul Construction Company Inc.
* Steve Neal, Neals Foundation LLC
* Richard Hartwell, engineer
* Jim Jantz, engineer
* Greg Allison, MKEC Engineering Consultants Inc.
* Mike Ehss, Terracon Environmental Inc.
* Gary Jeskie, Jeskie Construction
* Larry Higgins, Drywall Systems Inc.
* Randy Harder, H&H Homebuilders Inc.
* Tom Compton, architect
* Glen Wiltse, Sedgwick County
* Kurt Schroeder, city of Wichita
* And two people to be chosen by Schroeder