Wal-Mart’s south Wichita location near Pawnee and Broadway will host a grand reopening event Friday, according to a news release.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will take place at the Wal-Mart Supercenter store, 501 E. Pawnee, beginning at 7:30 a.m. The store will continue to be open 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
According to the release, new features at the store include:
▪ A new produce area in the grocery section.
▪ A remodeled pharmacy.
▪ Improved customer service center.
▪ A fresh coat of paint on the store’s facade and new shopping cart holders.
▪ Updates to the fabric section.
▪ New registers in the electronics section.
“We are looking forward to reintroducing our store to the community,” Michael Haskew, the store’s manager, said in the release. “We’re adding greater convenience and a new and improved grocery shopping experience.”
A number of family activities will take place at the store throughout the weekend, according to the release. Free food samples will also be available as supplies last following the ribbon-cutting event on Friday.