This isn’t exactly official research, but there seem to be more grand opening and other celebrations this weekend than normal.
Here are a few:
▪ Boot Barn has completed its transition from Sheplers, which it purchased in June. The store, which makes Boot Barn’s third in Kansas, is at 6501 W. Kellogg. It will have a grand opening celebration Friday, Saturday and Sunday with music, barbecue, ribbon cuttings, giveaways and other events.
▪ Beautiful Day Cafe is having a 1 p.m. Saturday dedication of its future garden, which is next to the business at 2516 E. Central. Owner Charolett Knapic plans to use food from the garden in her cafe and have features within the garden, such as a fire pit, for guests to use.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Wichita Eagle
▪ Fit Body Boot Camp debuts in the former Big Dog Motorcycles space at 1520 E. Douglas from 5 to 7 p.m. on Friday and 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday. Owner Ryan Floyd says he’ll offer 15-minute sample boot camps for people to try out what he offers. He’ll have giveaways as well.
▪ Handpicked Los Angeles, Lauren Mercado’s new clothing boutique at 924 E. Douglas in Old Town, is having a grand opening celebration from 2 to 5 p.m. on Saturday. There will be free makeup applications, a DJ, food and drinks and a gift card giveaway.
▪ Holidays in Delano returns to 20 Delano businesses from noon to 6 p.m. on Saturday. Shoppers and diners can bring a nonperishable food item for the Kansas Food Bank and receive a shopping pass to stores for discounts, treats and complimentary massages.
▪ Winter Maker’s Pop-Up will feature local artists selling merchandise in the Park Villa in Riverside Park from noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday.
▪ Denver Mattress is having a grand opening from Dec. 1 to Dec. 24 in a new strip center at Regency Lakes at the northwest corner of 21st and Greenwich. The store is celebrating its opening with various discounts.