Local tourism officials celebrated National Travel & Tourism events with annual awards to workers in the hospitality industry.
According to a news release from Visit Wichita, the awards were announced at a recent breakfast event.
The 2015 Stars of the Industry award winners, who were nominated by area hotel managers, were:
▪ Front Desk Agent: Jasmyn McGill, Hyatt Regency Wichita;
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Wichita Eagle
▪ Housekeeping: Elda Uriarte – Holiday Inn Wichita East I-35;
▪ Engineer: Thomas Williams – DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport;
▪ Front of the House: Georgina Hernandez – La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport;
▪ Manager: Tracy Jackson – Best Western Wichita North Hotel & Suites;
▪ Spirit of Hospitality: Idris Abdurahman, Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview.