Whitney, a 3-year-old female terrier mix, is available for adoption from Kansas Humane Society.
I’m Whitney. I think I might like to get to know you, but I’m kind of shy at first. This world is just so big, I get a little nervous sometimes. I’m staying in a special foster home to help me feel more comfortable. My foster family is very nice, but what I’d really love is a home and family of my own, someone who will be patient with me and give me lots of love. I just need a little time to adjust and then I know I could be a good dog. I’m already house-trained, and I get along with other dogs. If you’d like to meet me or speak to my foster mom, call KHS at 316-524-9196. The volunteers and staff keep saying I am a very special girl, and they are really pulling for me to go home with an amazing family.
Also available from KHS:
▪ P.J., 6-year-old male terrier/chow chow mix
Everyone needs someone to make them laugh. And that’s my main goal. Really I’m just a big goofball. I like to keep everyone here at the shelter laughing. They like me so much here that someone even paid my adoption fee. That means you could take me home today for free. I just know someone great will come along and give me a second chance at a great life. Maybe it could be you? Our “happily ever after” could start with a visit to the Kansas Humane Society.
▪ Beldar, 10-month-old male Australian cattle dog/American pit bull terrier mix
I may be young, but I’ve already been through a lot in life. I was found as a stray with a badly injured leg and ear. The vets here at KHS got me feeling a lot better, and soon I’ll be good as new — well, minus one leg, but who cares? I’m not letting that slow me down for one second. I love to run and play. Now I just need a best friend. Together we can make the most of my second chance at life.
▪ Rosie, 3-year-old female cat, domestic shorthair
I am a cool cat with a lot of love to offer. I’m already litter box-trained. Plus I can be quite helpful. I’m what they call a “personal assistant” here at the shelter, which means I like to help out wherever I can. I’m also very affectionate and will come solicit attention from you. My front claws have been removed, so I need to be an indoor-only cat since I can’t defend myself outside. My previous family described me as a lap-loving, mellow kitty, and I was an only cat. Since I’ve been at the shelter, we may have figured out that I don’t like dogs. I got a little stressed out when I heard them in the next room. I am being very good as an office kitty, and my office foster mom thinks you should come see me today.
▪ Pete, 6-year-old male Turkish angora
Hello, there. My name is Pete and I’m looking for someone to spoil me. I’ll shower you with love in return. My foster mom tells me I earned a chance at the good life. When I first came to the Kansas Humane Society, I was in pretty rough shape. But after a little TLC in a foster home, I’m feeling much better. Now all I need is someone special to give me a home of my very own. My foster mom says I’m very loving and affectionate. I occasionally like to bat around a ribbon or a feather toy, but cuddling is my favorite hobby. Come see me and I’ll show you what a cuddle-bug I can be.
If you’re interested in adopting from Kansas Humane Society, visit at 3313 N. Hillside, call 316-524-9196 or go to www.kshumane.org.
Poppy, a male Pomeranian about 3 years old, is available from Pals Animal Rescue. He is a shy guy who has overcome a sad start to life. He is playful and good with other dogs. He is a work in progress and needs a person familiar with the attitude of this breed. He is cute as a button and just waiting for the right home to call his own. He is small at about 6 pounds. Come see Poppy and other Pals dogs and cats from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at PetSmart, 3615 N. Rock Road.
Also available from Pals:
▪ Macie is Chihuahua-terrier mix around 2 years old. She loves to play with toys and is great with other dogs but a bit shy with new people. She is crate-trained and house-trained with supervision. At 12 pounds she is just the right size to fit in your lap or share the couch with you.
▪ Keeley is a medium-sized female terrier mix. She is looking for a person who will take her on walks and play fetch with her. She would be a great only dog in the home. She is very obedient and always comes when called. She knows basic commands. At 25 pounds, she is not too small and not too large.
▪ Piper is a 3-year-old Siamese mix with beautiful blue eyes. She is great with dogs that she knows, and good with most other cats. She is one of several Siamese cats available through Pals. Visit her and the rest of the gang Saturday at PetSmart on North Rock Road.
To see photos of all Pals animals for adoption, visit www.palsrescue.org; for more information, call 316-990-3647.