Ivan, a sweet 8-year-old Pekingese, is available for adoption from Pals Animal Rescue. He’s a great dog who loves to cuddle. His favorite pastime is playing fetch with his favorite toys. He gets along well with other dogs and with people. Meet Ivan and other Pals dogs from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Saturday at PetSmart, 3615 N. Rock Road.
Also available from Pals:
▪ Dot, an 8-month-old female terrier mix, is loving but a bit shy at first. She loves hanging out and watching TV with her foster dad. She will be about 15 pounds when grown. Dot will also be at the PetSmart on North Rock Road from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Saturday.
▪ Pan is one of many kittens in the Pals program. He is a neutered male about 4 months old, who is very friendly, trained to use a litter box and ready for a new home. He and other kittens will be shown from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Sunday at PetSmart West, 533 S. Tracy.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Jack, a 7-year-old male Labrador retriever mix, is available from Kansas Humane Society.
Whoever says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks has never met me. At my age, I’ve mastered everything I need to know to be a perfect companion, but I’m always eager to learn fun new tricks. Before coming to the humane society, I lived with young kids, but their clumsy nature scared me. So now I’m looking for a family with older children to love me forever. Come by the Kansas Humane Society today and let me teach you how to “shake.”
Also available from KHS:
▪ Ace, 2-year-old male basenji-border collie mix
Need someone to help you stay motivated in the new year? I’m an energetic guy that would love to wake you up for our morning walk. When you get tired, I’ll be right there to lick your face and keep you moving. Maybe you can teach me a few things too. My first owner didn’t spend a lot of time training me, but the staff here at the shelter are always telling me how smart I am, so I’m sure I’ll pick it up quickly. I just know I could be the best best friend ever if only someone would give me a chance.
▪ Jenkins, 2-year-old male Labrador retriever
I am one pumped-up pup. I love fun games and would enjoy hanging out with you. I enjoy car rides, fetch toys, water and walks. I like to run too. It would be great to take some of the manners classes here at KHS so we can learn and be together. It is great fun to know that my guardian wants to speak the same language as me.
▪ Molly, 15-year-old female cat, domestic shorthair mix
Need a new best friend to cuddle up with in the new year? I’m on the prowl for a new friend myself, someone who can take me home and love me forever. I’m pretty lovable, you see. In my previous home I lived with dogs and other cats. I can be a little shy at first, but once I get comfortable around you, I’ll curl up next to you and give you a big purr to let you know I’m happy.
▪ North, 1-year-old male cat, domestic shorthair mix
Looking for top-of-the-line company? I’m the guy for you. When it comes to relationships, you can’t go wrong with a love like mine. I’ll be your loyal friend for life. I enjoy spending time with you but I like my solitude at times, to reflect on life and nap on the window sill. If you are looking for a steady friend to travel with on the ride called life, look no further.
If you’re interested in adopting from Kansas Humane Society, visit at 3313 N. Hillside, call 316-524-9196 or go to www.kshumane.org.