Rakdos, a 4-month-old male cat, domestic medium-hair mix, is available for adoption from Kansas Humane Society.
I’m an energetic little guy who loves to play, play, play. I was in foster care for a few weeks while I learned how to use the litter box, but now that I’ve mastered that, I’m looking for someone great to come along and give me a good home. Do you have room in your heart for me? I’m sure we could be the best of friends. After we’re done playing, I’ll curl up in your lap and purr away while you pet me. Come visit me today.
Also available from KHS:
▪ Sarabi, 2-year-old female cat, domestic shorthair mix
The character Sarabi was queen of Pride Rock, and just like my namesake, I’m a queen at heart. I like to prowl my condo looking for toys to play with. Once I catch them I like to bring them to the staff here at KHS. I’ve lived in a house with other cats before and we got along just fine. Now I’m looking for a home where I can carry out my reign as queen. Won’t you come meet me today?
▪ Precious, 7-year-old female Labrador retriever mix
I’m just as “precious” as my name would have you believe. I’m a happy girl who gets along with just about everyone. I adored my previous owner’s kids and get along great with my doggie friends. My loving nature has won over the hearts of all the staff here at KHS, now I just need a caring person to love.
▪ Taz, 6-year-old male Jack Russell terrier
I’m a busy little guy who is on a mission to find my best friend. Could it be you? I’d love to show you all my cool tricks. After that, we can cuddle up and watch a movie together. I’m still a little nervous around young kids so I may do best in a home with older children or adults who know how to be gentle with me. Oh, please let me show you how happy we could be together. Come see me at KHS.
▪ Helena, 8-year-old female shepherd mix
I’m a member of the Lonely Hearts Club here at the shelter, which means I’ve been patiently waiting for my shot at a new home for a while now. But I’m not letting that get me down. I just know someone nice will come along and give me a second chance at a great life. Maybe it could be you? The staff here always tell me what I good girl I am. We could play and sniff out the world together if only you’d come by KHS today.
If you’re interested in adopting from Kansas Humane Society, visit at 3313 N. Hillside, call 316-524-9196 or go to www.kshumane.org.
Peggy Sue, a wonderful, energetic female Boston terrier, is available for adoption from Pals Animal Rescue. She thinks she is queen of the house, loves to play with other dogs, loves people and brings a smile to your face when she begs for attention. She and other Pals dogs will be shown from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Petco at NewMarket Square.
Also available from Pals:
▪ Marley is a 7-year-old Yorkshire terrier who is looking for a loving family to call his own. He is house-trained and great with people and other animals. He and 14 other Pals dogs will be shown from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at PetSmart at 3615 N. Rock Road.
▪ Snowman is a gentle 5-month-old male Siamese mix. He loves to hang out with his foster mom, is good with other cats and doesn’t mind dogs at all. He and other Pals cats can be seen from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at PetSmart at 3615 N. Rock Road.
Visit the Pals Facebook page for a complete list of animals that will be shown and their photos, or call 316-990-3647.