The city manager proposes to:
* Close one of the city's five golf courses. No decision has been made on which one.
* Add 15 firefighters to reduce overtime caused by staffing new stations.
* Increase money for street maintenance to $10 million from $6.6 million.
* Find a way to continue Saturday bus service, which the city had planned to stop.
* Add eight police officers.
* Increase fees for municipal court costs by $4.
* Keep the property tax rate where it is.
* Create an early retirement plan for city employees.
Key budget dates
July 12: Full budget proposal released
July 26: Budget workshop
Aug. 2: Public hearing
Aug. 9: Formal public hearing and budget adoption