First, they shared the recipe for their Patron margarita.
The recipe appeared on the chain’s website on Monday and has been circulating around social media ever since. I’ll admit, I love Chipotle’s guac and am more than happy to pay the extra. But the recipe is pretty basic and not drastically different from the Ina Garten recipe I’ve been making for years. (Though it skips the tomatoes and adds cilantro.)
The key, I’d say, is picking perfectly ripe avocados. Here’s the recipe Chipotle posted.
2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.