* Carroll, which finished uncharacteristically in the middle of the pack last season, will start back toward the top of the city with Devon Keith (state champion at 171) and Matt Ziegler (sixth at 125) as its anchors.
* Lavell Hutton, who qualified for state at 135, is the only state qualifier back for East .
* Heights will once again be the team to beat in the city, but also is ranked third in 6A in the KWCA's preseason poll. Back for the Falcons are three wrestlers who made it to the finals last season: Daniel Deshazer at 130 (champion last season), Uylesses Deshazer at 152 (second) and Hunter Jameson at 189 (second).
* North has 30 wrestlers out, but only one, senior Gabe Nelson, made it to state last season.
* Northwest finished seventh at 6A last season, but has a lot to replace. The Grizzlies only returning state qualifier is junior Antonio Terrell.
* South , which finished 6-2 in the City League last year, has a couple of state qualifiers in Devin Webber (fourth at 125) and Kailan Jones (qualifier at 189).
* Two-time state qualifier Tony Johnson and 2010 qualifier Camron Davis will be the building blocks for Southeast, which jumped into the middle of the league last year.
* Antoine Bannister, who qualified for state at 130, is West's lone returning state qualifier.