It’s Wednesday, which means I’m going to share some lists. People loves lists and I’m no different. So when I do lists like this, my hope is that you’ll think of your own top fives or top 10s.
It’s just something fun.
Five favorite Grammy moments from Sunday night
1. Metallica’s performance of One with Chinese pianist Lang Lang. I’m hardly a Metallica devotee. ButChinese pianist Lang Lang and Metallica front man James Hetfield rocked the Grammys.something about that performance – maybe it was the incredible piano – made me take notice.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Wichita Eagle
2. Beyonce and Jay-Z opening the show. Oh, who am I kidding? Beyonce.
3. Pink flying around on the trapeze. And singing. But mostly flying around.
4. Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard and Blake Shelton. Not that it was good. In fact, the three older gentlemen are near the end of the line. But they’re also icons and it was neat to see them together.
5. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, with Madonna. We are squarely in the year 2014.
6. Bonus pick. The band Chicago performing with Robin Thicke. Strange pairing. But good to hear Saturday in the Park.
Five favorite current St. Louis Cardinals
1. Yadier Molina
2. Adam Wainwright
3. Allen Craig
4. Matt Carpenter
5. Michael Wacha
Five favorite Cardinals from 1967
1. Bob Gibson
2. Orlando Cepeda
3. Lou Brock
4. Tim McCarver
5. Julian Javier
Five favorite candies
1. Milk Duds
2. Mike and Ikes
3. Junior Mints
Five people I’d love to interview for an hour
1. Don Henley
2. Bill Snyder
3. Martin Scorsese
4. Linda Ronstadt
5. Mike Krzyzewski
Five things that scare me
1. Falling backward (I’ve had nightmares about this forever. It’s very odd.)
3. Airplanes (a recent occurrence and one I need to conquer)
4. Airports (perhaps this is the reason for No. 3?)
5. The Exorcist. I saw this movie in 1974 and I’m still not over it.
Things I wish I did more often
1. Read books. I know, right? You’re probably wondering how I got to be so smart.
2. Exercise. I should go to the gym every day. Every single day. It’s fun. And I’m doing better. Still, every day.
3. Watched more of the History Channel.
4. Give my wife the remote control.
5. Tell people how much they mean to me. But only the people who really do mean something to me, not those who don’t.
Five cool Kansas towns
1. Winfield. I was born there so perhaps I’m bias. But I love that town.
2. Abilene. I purposely take K-15 when I cover games in Manhattan just so I can drive through Abilene. It soothes me.
3. Dodge City. I’m ashamed to say, I haven’t visited in several years.
4. Parsons. I go there frequently now because my wife’s family roots are in southeast Kansas.
5. Derby. It’s kind of like Wichita, only smaller. But when I grew up there, Derby was a quaint, cool town.