Updated Sept. 16
* Sept. 19: Heaters 10-under Wichita team tryout at 9th Street Sports Complex, Wellington, 2:30-5:30. Call 620-326-7560 for information.
* 13-year-old competitive Westurban/tournament team needs players for 2010. Cannot turn 14 before May 1. Call Mark Banowetz at 316-393-4371 or e-mail email@example.com.
* All-American Sports Academy A's tryouts for 10- and 13-year-old teams. Check www.all-americansportsacademy.com or call 316-648-2248 or 316-207-5500.
* Deadline Oct. 5: YMCA basketball leagues for boys and girls grades pre-K-7. Eight-game schedule begins Oct. 31. Fee $30 members, $55 nonmembers. Check ymcawichita.org.
* Deadline Oct. 5: YMCA advanced basketball league for boys and girls grades 2-5 at Farha Sport Center. Season begins Oct. 10. Fee $75 members, $125 nonmembers. Check ymcawichita.org.
* Sept. 18: Evening ride along the river meets at Exploration Place, 300 N. McLean Blvd. at 7:30 p.m. Ride starts at 8 p.m. Lights are required. Distance is 20 miles. Call Gary Vreeland 316-265-7552.
* Sept. 19: MCC Flatlander Ride meets at K-15 and 30th St. in North Newton. Registration at 7 a.m., with ride beginning at 8 a.m. Call Delores Craig at 316I-304-4428.
* Sept. 27: Walnut Valley Metric ride begins in Winfield at 9 a.m. Late register and packet pickup at 8 a.m. Call Cecile Kellenbarger 316-215-4867.
* Wichita Youth Cricket Club looking for players ages 8-14. Practice Tuesday and Fridays through Oct. 30. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or see www.wichitacricket.org.
* Saturdays: Blind draw doubles tournament at Sidepockets, 600 S. Tyler. Fee: $6. Call Dan Zimmerman at 316-558-8833.
* Tuesdays: Business women's league with tee times between 4:45 and 5:30 p.m. at Braeburn. Continues through Oct. 13. Call Terry Chesnut at 316-686-8801 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Deadline Oct. 4: Octoberfest Open starts at 10 a.m. Oct. 10 at Linwood Park. Registration begins at 9 a.m. for this NHPA sanctioned event. Fee: $10. Call Steve DeTommaso at 316-323-3890.
* Oct. 17: Haysville Fall Festival draw doubles starts at 1 p.m. at Riggs Park. Fee: $10. Call Rick Linebarger at 316-305-8436.
* Deadline Oct. 25: Halloween Open Doubles (bring your own partner) begins at 10 a.m. Oct. 31. Registration at 9 a.m. Best Halloween costume contest afterward with prizes awarded. Horseshoe Pitching Fee: $20 per team. Call Steve Detommaso at 316-323-3890.
* Sept. 22: I-Did-A-Hill fun run/walk benefit for Leader Dogs for the Blind, a two-mile and six mile run, and two-mile and four mile non-competitive walks. Registration and packet pickup begins at 7 a.m. in Roxbury. Fee: $12 before Aug. 28, $15 day of race. Call Judy Scanlan at 785-536-4205.
* Deadline Oct. 17: YMCA advanced soccer league for boys and girls ages 6-18. Eight-game schedule begins Aug. 27 at Farha Sport Center. Fee $50 members, $75 nonmembers. Check ymcawichita.org.
* Deadline Sept. 21: Greater Andover Days co-ed tournament at 13th Street Sports Park. Fee $150 includes 12 Greater Andover Days buttons. Forms available at www.andoverks.com.
* Deadline Oct. 5: YMCA Sports Academy begins Oct. 24 at South Branch with games in indoor soccer and volleyball. Sign up at any YMCA branch. Fee $40 members, $65 nonmembers. Call 316-838-9622 for information.
* Oct. 4: Northwest YMCA Inside-Out triathlon with 400-yard indoor swim, 10-mile bike, 2.5-mile outdoor run. Register at any Wichita-area YMCA.
Camps and Clinics
* Craig Dingman individual instruction, ages 8-older. Call 316-371-5921 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Baseball strength program. Call Barry Renollet at 316-253-6842.
* Oct. 3: Steve Eck Hutchinson Baseball Coaches Clinic at Hutchinson Sports Arena, 9 a.m. Fee $60 first coach, $50 additional coaches. Contact Ryan Freeberg at 620-665-3585 or email@example.com.
* Football strength program for youth, high school and junior college. Call Barry Renollet at 316-253-6842.
* Holman's Baseball Shed is scheduling private instruction (pitching, hitting, catching) for all ages and team indoor practice space. Call 316-722-8448 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Track and Field
* Conditioning and technique boot camp, ages 9-18. Call Barry Renollet at 316-253-6842.