The series: 6:30 tonight; 2 p.m, Saturday; 1 p.m., Sunday
Probable rotations: ISU, RH Colin Rea (6-4, 4.38); LH Sean Manaea (4-3, 4.35), RH Jason Van Skike (4-3, 3.55); WSU, LH Charlie Lowell (8-4, 3.25); LH Brian Flynn (4-3, 4.80); LH Josh Smith (5-3, 3.92)
* Indiana State won two of three games last season in Terre Haute, Ind. The Sycamores held WSU to nine runs, including a 2-0 victory in the series opener. Smith and Van Skike met in the Sunday game, a 5-2 Shocker win. Smith held the Sycamores to two hits over 7 2/3 innings. Van Skike limited WSU to seven hits and three runs over 6 2/3 innings. The Sycamores also won the regular-season series in 2009 in Wichita before the Shockers won a meeting in the MVC Tournament.
* RF Robby Ort leads Indiana State with a .345 batting average and a .599 slugging percentage. He has eight home runs and 46 RBIs. 3B Koby Kraemer leads Indiana State with 12 doubles and is second with 37 RBIs.
* Rea pitched for Indiana State coach Rick Heller at Northern Iowa in 2009 before the school dropped the sport. He rejoined Heller after a year in junior college. Van Skike is coming off his second complete game of the season, a 4-1 win over Evansville. He threw Indiana State's first nine-inning no-hitter since 1949 when the Sycamores defeated Central Arkansas 8-0 on March 5.
* WSU is hitting .321 over the past 10 games, led by C Chris O'Brien (.405) and 1B Johnny Coy (.381). O'Brien brings a career-best 18-game hitting streak into the series.
* Lowell is 5-0 with a 0.94 ERA in MVC games. At Eck Stadium, he is 7-0 with a 1.18 ERA.
* RH Chance Sossamon is getting more work out of the bullpen as his strikeouts rise. "I get to work ahead off my fastball," he said. "I feel like I've got it back to where I need it to go. I can throw my slider first pitch for a strike. Keeping hitters off balance is the name of the game." Sossamon, a junior, has struck out 10 in his past seven innings, allowing four walks and six hits but only one earned run.