* Wichita State has been shut out in its past two trips to Lincoln, a 3-0 loss in 2008 and an 11-0 loss in 2006. The Shockers have lost three straight at Hawks Field, last winning there in 2002. The Shockers won last season's meeting 9-7, helped by a relief performance by Jordan Cooper at Eck Stadium. He held the Huskers to three hits and an unearned run over 5 2/3 innings.
* RF Adam Bailey leads Nebraska with a .419 batting average and a .787 slugging percentage. He has 43 RBI and 13 home runs.
* The Huskers are 5-5 in their past 10, including 2-1 Big 12 series losses at Oklahoma State and Kansas State and a 13-5 mid-week loss at home to Creighton. Nebraska has allowed eight or more runs in its past five losses. The Husker ERA is 5.55 and opponents are hitting .309.
* Freshman T.J. McGreevy starts his first game tonight. His longest relief stint was four innings against North Dakota on March 3. WSU coach Gene Stephenson wants McGreevy ticketed for weekend bullpen work in the future. "Based on what's been going on, he needs to be in that bullpen," Stephenson said. "We need to have him healthy and coming out to throw strikes and get people out."
* WSU 1B Clint McKeever, who pulled his right hamstring in Saturday's game against Southern Illinois, won't make the trip to Nebraska.