The series: 7 tonight, 2 p.m. Saturday; 1 p.m. Sunday
Probable rotations: SIU, LH Ryan Bradley (0-2, 6.03 ERA), RH Nathan Forer (1-1, 0.74), LH Randy Hoelscher (1-2, 10.32); WSU, RH Jordan Cooper (3-1, 2.18), RH Tim Kelley (4-1, 4.84), LH Josh Smith (3-2, 4.08).
* Last season's series was called off when hurricane-force wind and rain hit the Carbondale, Ill., area, causing power outages and damage throughout that part of the state. WSU won three of four meetings in 2008 at Eck Stadium and has won seven of the past eight.
* The Salukis bring a six-game win streak to Wichita. They swept a series against Bradley last weekend and defeated Southeast Missouri State 16-11 on Tuesday. SIU has not played an MVC road game.
* The Salukis own a 2.18 ERA in MVC games after facing Creighton and Bradley. Forer was named MVC pitcher of the week after holding Bradley to six hits and no earned runs in eight innings of a 3-1 win. Forer, a senior, has allowed two earned runs in 24 1/3 innings.
* The Salukis are hitting .336 in non-conference games and .262 in MVC play. CF Chris Murphy has a 10-game hitting streak with six doubles in his past nine games. 1B Chris Serritella leads SIU with nine home runs, 19 walks and a .703 slugging percentage. 2B Blake Pinnon and Serritella share the lead with 33 RBIs.
* WSU DH-1B Preston Springer, who did not play in Wednesday's win over Rogers State, has driven in 12 runs in his past five games. C Chris O'Brien is hitting .393 with 10 RBIs in his past 10 games.
* With two lefties in the SIU rotation, WSU LF Bret Bascue will get plenty of at-bats this weekend. Bascue is 12 of 19 (.632) against left-handers. The Shockers are 5-1 against left-handed starters.