The series: 6 tonight; 2 p.m. Saturday; 1 p.m. Sunday
Probable rotations: WSU, RH Jordan Cooper (3-0, 1.22 ERA), RH Tim Kelley (3-1, 4.76), LH Charlie Lowell (2-2, 4.68). UE, RH Keegan Dennis (1-2, 4.80), RH Sam Johns (1-1, 5.92), LH Seth McCabe (3-0, 6.75)
* The Aces started MVC play by winning two games at Missouri State, and play 14 of their next 15 at home. They split a two-game series with then-No. 22 Kentucky and lost two games to No. 9 Louisville.
* Dennis defeated WSU last season and is 1-0 with a 2.92 ERA in two starts at home in 2010. He struck out five and allowed three runs in five innings in last season's 5-3 win over WSU.
* WSU is 41-20 against the Aces, but has swept them once (1998). WSU won two of three last season. Two Shockers who are slumping this season battered the Aces in 2009 — SS Tyler Grimes hit .545 with a home run and 1B Clint McKeever hit .385.
* The Aces lead the MVC with 57 stolen bases in 71 attempts. Freshman IF Eric Stamets has 24 in 25 attempts to lead the conference.
* Expect Cobey Guy and Chance Sossamon to lead the bullpen this weekend. Sossamon is coming off his best outing of the season against Bradley. He didn't allow a hit or a walk in two innings on Sunday. Guy, who has been bothered by a sore arm, didn't pitch from March 16 until Wednesday, when he struck out six batters in two innings against Tabor.
* 2B Will Baez expects to play after having three wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday. Reserve infielder Walker Davidson is out 10-14 days after an appendectomy Tuesday.