Those who want to see former ambassador and presidential candidate Alan Keyes — in Kansas to campaign for congressional candidate Jim Anderson — will have plenty of opportunity.
The campaign is bringing in Keyes to try to drum up support for Anderson, a small-business owner who is running in a five-candidate Republican primary for the 4th Congressional District seat being vacated by Rep. Todd Tiahrt, R-Goddard.
The other candidates are businessmen Mike Pompeo and Wink Hartman; and state Sens. Dick Kelsey and Jean Schodorf.
Keyes, a Reagan Administration diplomat known for his conservatism and repeated candidacies for the Senate and the presidency, is scheduled to make these appearances on behalf of Anderson's campaign. Ticket prices vary by event. For more information, call 316-636-9300.
* Noon: Kansans for Liberty luncheon, Mike's Steakhouse, 2131 S. Broadway, Wichita
* 6-6:45 p.m.: Pre-speech VIP reception at the Beech Activity Center 9710 E. Central Ave., Wichita
* 7:15 p.m.: Evening program with speech by Keyes begins, Beech Activity Center
* 1:30-3:30 p.m.: Meet and greet in Coffeyville, Sleep Inn & Suites, 202 W. 11th
* 5-6 p.m.: Independence Christmas Parade
* 11 a.m.: Meet and greet in Kingman, Livingston Family Center, 1830 N. Main St.
* 6 p.m.: Private reception before fundraiser dinner, Larkspur restaurant 904 E. Douglas, Wichita
* 7-9 p.m.: Dinner and program, Larkspur