You Oughta Know

Check caregivers' licenses online

Each Monday, The Eagle highlights a government record that is available to the public. Open records help people keep government in check and help them better understand how government affects their lives.

For a complete list of You Oughta Know columns, go /oughta.

The record: License verification information for adult care home administrators, audiologists, dietitians and speech-language pathologists.

Why you'd want it: To make sure someone you or someone you care about is getting care from a licensed professional.

Where you get the record: Check licenses with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment at

How much it will cost: The information is free.