Five agritourism businesspersons — including a Newtonian and a Towandan — have been appointed to the state Agritourism Advisory Council, officials announced Monday.
The council works with the state Commerce Department to promote opportunities for tourists to visit working farms and ranches, wineries and other agriculture-related attractions.
The new appointees are:
• Sarah Beck, of Beck's Farm, Newton.
• David Corbin of the Boot Scootin' Barn, Towanda.
• Jan Jantzen of the Grandview Ranch, Emporia.
• Keaton Kelso of K&K Outfitters, Mulberry.
• Barbara Poore of Poore Farms Labradors, Woodston.
The Advisory Council will have its next quarterly meeting from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 5 at Harvest Farms, 31617 W Parallel Road, Turon.
The meeting will be followed by a public forum, networking session and farm tour from 1:30-3:30 p.m.