An argument that initially started over fruit snacks led to two men being shot by one bullet Saturday night.
The fight began at around 9 p.m. at Ashley Lane Apartments, 2250 S. Oliver. Officer Charley Davidson said Monday that while the initial argument was about fruit snacks, other things came up between the 25-year-old resident and his 23-year-old brother.
The 25-year-old hit his brother in the head with a handgun. It discharged once, hitting the 23-year-old in the shoulder and a 36-year-old man in his leg, Davidson said. It wasn’t immediately clear if the men were grazed with the bullet, but Davidson said they had minor, non-life-threatening injuries.
Both were taken to the hospital Saturday. Police are still looking for the 25-year-old, Davidson said.
Strange Kansas stories in the news
Today’s story isn’t the first time an unusual Kansas story has made the rounds.
Here are some other stories you may remember:
- She tried to kill a bug but set her apartment on fire instead
- Drunken swordsman freed in Supreme Court stabbing case
- Plan to flush evidence backfires when marijuana clogs toilet
- Kansas’ infamous goat gland doctor may be subject of Hollywood
- Intruder spends night in Kansas home while residents slept
- Wal-Mart customer, angry with self-checkout machine, loses tooth in fight
- Mice chew into evidence bags, eat and nest in marijuana
- Parents arrested after doing heroin in Chuck E. Cheese parking lot, police say
- Brothers celebrate lottery win by blowing up house
- Man who tries to rob 92-year-old woman suffers skull fracture
- Wichita boy’s garage-sale buy holds a treasure for his family
- Crack smoking, having sex in car net couple a trip to jail, Wichita police say
- Man uncooperative after being stabbed in scrotum with hypodermic needle
- Police: Drunken man fed children’s parakeet to his pit bull
- Man lay in basement four days after being robbed
- Woman urinates in yard, slaps child, police say
- Woman takes beating, but won’t surrender her beer
- Man’s suicide shot also kills sleeping wife
- Tattooed bicyclist miffed about being pulled over while wearing a thong
- Couple robbed while inside Dumpster
- Bachelorette party prop spooks Wichita police horse, prompts arrest
- Error on state test slips past everyone -- except for East High student
- Clay Center hunter shoots 27-point doe
- Sheriff: Woman sat on boyfriend’s toilet for 2 years
- Police arrest man suspected of having sex with dog