An argument that initially started over fruit snacks led to two men being shot by one bullet Saturday night.
The fight began at around 9 p.m. at Ashley Lane Apartments, 2250 S. Oliver. Officer Charley Davidson said Monday that while the initial argument was about fruit snacks, other things came up between the 25-year-old resident and his 23-year-old brother.
The 25-year-old hit his brother in the head with a handgun. It discharged once, hitting the 23-year-old in the shoulder and a 36-year-old man in his leg, Davidson said. It wasn’t immediately clear if the men were grazed with the bullet, but Davidson said they had minor, non-life-threatening injuries.
Both were taken to the hospital Saturday. Police are still looking for the 25-year-old, Davidson said.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Strange Kansas stories in the news
Today’s story isn’t the first time an unusual Kansas story has made the rounds.
Here are some other stories you may remember:
- She tried to kill a bug but set her apartment on fire instead
- Drunken swordsman freed in Supreme Court stabbing case
- Plan to flush evidence backfires when marijuana clogs toilet
- Kansas’ infamous goat gland doctor may be subject of Hollywood
- Intruder spends night in Kansas home while residents slept
- Wal-Mart customer, angry with self-checkout machine, loses tooth in fight
- Mice chew into evidence bags, eat and nest in marijuana
- Parents arrested after doing heroin in Chuck E. Cheese parking lot, police say
- Brothers celebrate lottery win by blowing up house
- Man who tries to rob 92-year-old woman suffers skull fracture
- Wichita boy’s garage-sale buy holds a treasure for his family
- Crack smoking, having sex in car net couple a trip to jail, Wichita police say
- Man uncooperative after being stabbed in scrotum with hypodermic needle
- Police: Drunken man fed children’s parakeet to his pit bull
- Man lay in basement four days after being robbed
- Woman urinates in yard, slaps child, police say
- Woman takes beating, but won’t surrender her beer
- Man’s suicide shot also kills sleeping wife
- Tattooed bicyclist miffed about being pulled over while wearing a thong
- Couple robbed while inside Dumpster
- Bachelorette party prop spooks Wichita police horse, prompts arrest
- Error on state test slips past everyone -- except for East High student
- Clay Center hunter shoots 27-point doe
- Sheriff: Woman sat on boyfriend’s toilet for 2 years
- Police arrest man suspected of having sex with dog