Wichita police are investigating how a 17-month-old child had access to a marijuana pill that the child swallowed.
Police were called to Wesley Medical Center at 9 a.m. Saturday to check on the welfare of a child.
The child’s mother told officers she had left the child while she was at work in the care of a 20-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman. When she went to pick up the child, she noticed it was lethargic and unresponsive, said Sgt. Bob Gulliver, spokesman for the Wichita Police Department.
The mother took the child to the hospital. It was later determined the child had ingested a marijuana pill while at the babysitter’s house, police said.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.