Dillons announced plans Friday for a multi-million-dollar renovation of its store on the northwest corner of Douglas and Hillside.
Construction on the store, at 3020 E. Douglas, will begin in June, company officials said.
It's the grocer's latest Wichita renovation project, with new construction at the Harry and Edgemoor location and renovations at Central and West.
It comes after new Dillons Marketplace stores in Andover and Derby, and complete renovations at 13 area stores in the last five years.
Planned improvements to the Douglas location include:
* A fresh look with a decor package completely new to Dillons.
* An expanded delicatessen including hot Chinese foods, fresh sushi prepared daily and family-favorite foods.
* More fresh meat and seafood offerings.
* An expanded bakery.
* More frozen food and grocery offerings, focusing on quality store brands and additional natural and organic products.
* More selections of garden-fresh produce.
* A new salad and soup bar.
* New check lanes.
* An expanded Dillons Pharmacy.