The Kansas Department of Commerce is accepting nominations for the 2011 Governor's Exporter of the Year Award, which is presented to a single Kansas business for excellence in international trade and marketing.
Nominated companies will be evaluated on the totality of their international efforts, including:
* Increase in jobs due to international activities.
* Innovations in global marketing.
* Number of countries exported to.
* Effective use of international distributors.
* Long-range international strategies and prospects for future growth.
* Commitment to the state and local community.
The winner will be announced in June at the Kansas Cavalry Encampment, the state's top business awards ceremony.
Businesses can nominate themselves or be nominated by any other organization or individual. Visit www.kansascommerce.com/exporteroftheyear to download a nomination form. Deadline is Jan. 26.
E-mail nominations to email@example.com or mail or fax them to: Kansas International Trade Coordinating Council, Kansas Department of Commerce Trade Development Division, 150 N. Main, Suite 100, Wichita, KS 67202. Fax is 316-771-6890.