The Kansas Department of Commerce's Office of Minority and Women Business Development will host its 26th Annual Minority and Women Business Awards Luncheon at noon Oct. 14 at the Capitol Plaza Hotel in Topeka.
The event will recognize 12 Kansas companies and three individuals for their support of minority- and women-owned businesses.
The luncheon coincides with Kansas Minority Enterprise Development Week, the department's annual celebration of Kansas' minority entrepreneurs and minority-owned businesses.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Wichita Eagle
Kansas Women-Owned Businesses
* Construction: Midland Contractors, Topeka; PPS, Olathe
* Professional service: Klein & Co., Overland Park
* Retail firm: Daddy Cakes, Topeka
* Service firm: Amics, McPherson
* Supplier/distributor: Nos Vemos Greetings, Topeka
Kansas Minority-Owned Businesses
* Construction: Mendoza Trucking, Ensign.
* Manufacturer: Maile Foods, Lenexa
* Retail firm: Olathe Buick Pontiac GMC, Olathe
* Professional service: Pars Consulting Engineers, Leawood
* Service: Pho Hoa 1 Restaurant, Garden City
* Supplier/distributor: OTI, Olathe
Women business advocate
* Jeri Bartunek, Bartunek Group, Overland Park
Minority business advocate
* Grant County Economic Development, Ulysses
* Amber Clark, Ulysses.
The registration fee for the luncheon is $40 per person, or $320 per table of eight. Pre-registration is required by Oct. 5. To register or for more information, contact Rhonda Harris, director of the Office of Minority and Women Business Development, at 785-296-3425 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Minority and Women Business Development is responsible for certifying minority- and women-owned businesses as small disadvantaged businesses for procurement and subcontracting opportunities.