WICHITA - The Wichita Park and Recreation Department is partnering with the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) to offer free mini-seminars to help people become small business owners.
Classes will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at:
* Jan. 7, Linwood Recreation Center, 1901 S. Kansas, 316-337-9191.
* Jan. 14, Orchard Recreation Center, 4808 W. 9th, 316-337-9244.
* Jan. 19, Aley Recreation Center, 1749 S. Martinson, 316-303-8002.
* Jan. 25, Osage Recreation Center, 2121 W. 31st St. South, 316-337-9096.
* Jan. 28, Edgemoor Recreation Center, 5815 E. 9th, 316-688-9392.
Classes will provide a brief overview on business plan development, basic business accounting, loan programs and marketing information. Participating counselors are active and retired business executives with varied business backgrounds. Call each center's phone number for more information.