A flash fire in the kitchen of the Ambassador Hotel in downtown Wichita early Thursday morning sent a man to the hospital in potentially serious condition, authorities said.
The fire was reported at 6:25 a.m. at the Ambassador at Douglas and Broadway, a Sedgwick County dispatch supervisor said. A 44-year-old man was taken to the burn unit of Via Christi Hospital on St. Francis for treatment of burns to his face.
The man was alert and responsive when emergency responders arrived.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.