Anyone wanting to learn more about financial aid for college is encouraged to attend a series of events at Wichita State University next week, where they also can enter a drawing for a $1,000 scholarship.
As part of its fifth annual Financial Aid Awareness Week, WSU’s office of financial aid will provide the following sessions for WSU students and the community:
• Shocker Spirit Hour with the Office of Financial Aid: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday-Feb. 21 in Shocker Square at the Rhatigan Student Center. Visit the financial aid table for a question-and-answer session with a financial aid professional.
• Searching for Scholarships: Tips, tricks and to-dos, 11 a.m.-noon Monday in 231 Hubbard Hall, and 1-2 p.m. Feb. 21 in 155 Corbin Education Center. This session will help students prepare scholarship applications, look for more scholarship opportunities and provide interview tips. Students also can earn an additional entry slip for the scholarship drawing.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Wichita Eagle
• FAFSA Frenzy Workshop: 5-7 p.m. Tuesday in the Sudermann Room at WSU’s Hughes Metropolitan Complex, 29th North and Oliver. Receive individual assistance in completing financial aid forms. Students should bring copies of 2012 tax information and W-2s. Attendees can register for a $500 scholarship and other prizes.
• Student Loan Repayment Workshop: noon-1 p.m. Wednesday in 231 Hubbard Hall, and 6-7 p.m. Feb. 21 in 220 Hubbard Hall. The workshop is designed to help students make the right choices when managing the repayment of federal student loans. Topics will include: loan repayment plans, consolidation, grace periods, deferment, forbearance, loan forgiveness programs and steps toward financial independence after graduation.
• College Goal Sunday: Feb. 24, various locations across Kansas. For more information, go to www.collegegoal.org/where.htm.