Investigators in Wichita say a space heater may have sparked an explosion and fire at a home where three people were badly injured.
Crews also found a gas leak outside the house that went up in flames about 2 a.m. on Dec. 20. Investigators have sent soil samples to a lab to help determine if the gas played a role in the blast.
The house was occupied by a 28-year-old man, a 21-year-old woman and a 2-year-old girl. The man is hospitalized in good condition, while the woman and girl remain in critical condition.