WICHITA — A grand jury has indicted a Moundridge woman on federal charges of robbing four rob financial institutions and attempting to rob a fifth.
Vicki L. Arce, 51, is charged with four counts of bank robbery and one count of attempted bank robbery. The indictment alleges that Arce:
* Robbed the White Eagle Credit Union at 300 W. Broadway in Newton on June 9.
* Attempted to rob the Home State Bank at 201 S. Centennial in McPherson on June 9.
* Robbed the Peoples Bank and Trust at 601 E. 30th in Hutchinson on Jan. 27.
* Robbed the Bank of Kansas at 524 N. Main in South Hutchinson on Dec. 30.
* Robbed the Telephone Employees Credit Union at 270 N. Broadway in Wichita on April 30, 2009.
If convicted, she faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison and a fine up to $250,000 on each count.