News

Shop owner's son thanks Wichita firefighters, community for response

WICHITA — The son of the owner of a tailoring shop damaged by fire early Friday offered praise Saturday for both Wichita firefighters who responded and the community.

Fire officials said the fire at Chic Custom Tailoring, 6019 E. Central, was apparently caused by a lightning strike.

"I just wanted to thank the community of Wichita and express my gratitude to the great firefighters and our valued customers at Chic," Mohammad Panahi, son of shop owner Farzaneh Nasiri, said in an email. "People have been very thoughtful and have expressed their sympathy and willingness to help, and I really appreciate it! I'm just grateful for the people of this town."

Mohammad Panahi said the family was told the fire caused $50,000 in damage.

  Comments