WICHITA — A man who had been arrested in the fatal stabbing of a Wichita man is no longer being held in the case, jail records showed today.
Wichita police presented their investigation of the stabbing to prosecutors today. But based on information currently available, prosecutors are not filing charges, district attorney's spokeswoman Georgia Cole said. However, the investigation continues, she said.
Police said Monday that a fight — probably over a domino game — led to the fatal stabbing of 41-year-old Christopher K. Rackham around Christmas Eve.
Rackham and three other people had been staying in a four-plex in the 2900 block of East Harry.
Rackham suffered a fatal stab wound to his torso sometime early Dec. 24 or late the night before, police Lt. Ken Landwehr said.
A female roommate found Rackham dead in the bathroom of their apartment the morning of Christmas Eve, a police report said.