WICHITA _ The United Way of the Plains is taking calls this week to set up appointments for the Laid-Off Workers Center's November session.
To schedule an appointment, call 211 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. today through Friday.
Services at the center include :
* Emergency financial assistance for those qualify.
* Budget and debt-management counseling.
* Help in applying for government programs.
* Job training and job search assistance.
* Food assistance.
* Community volunteering information.
* On-site child care services during appointments.